Title: Director of Camp Whispering Pines, Mobile Baptist Association (MBA)
Classification: Full-time salaried ministerial staff
Recruited by: Search Committee
Employed by: Executive Committee
Supervised by: EDOM
- Be a person of unquestioned Christian character and deep spiritual commitment.
- Possess adequate educational background, with preference from an accredited SBC seminary, to perform the duties of Camp Director.
- Hold biblical convictions affirming Baptist doctrine, practice, and polity.
- Be thoroughly cooperative with the program and work of the MBA, Southern Baptist Convention and its affiliated entities.
- Have sufficient leadership experience to budget, plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate a clear vision, comprehensive strategy and specific objectives for the evangelistic ministries of the Camp.
- Demonstrate proficiency and commitment to personal and corporate evangelism.
- Supervise the entire operation of the Camp, always maintaining acceptable Christian standards.
- Manage the Camp budget in order to discern budget priorities and processes to adequately fund the Camp’s ministry areas and maintain fiscal accountability.
- Procure, train and supervise a staff sufficient for the efficient operation of the Camp.
- Offer high quality programs through consultation with elected leaders whose groups propose to use the Camp.
- Promote the Camp in churches and with other groups who might be enlisted to utilize the Camp.
- Have authority to schedule the various camping groups, endeavoring to keep the Camp at maximum use.
- Work with and utilize the services of the Camp Whispering Pines Committee.
- Serve under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Missions and be responsible to the Executive Committee for the fulfillment of his duties.
- Support all ministries, processes and emphases of the MBA.
- Seek to maintain a good working relationship with all elected leaders, committees and groups within the association.
- Endeavor to establish good rapport with the churches, pastors, and other individuals within the association.
- Manifest a spirit of cooperation with the denomination and its elected leaders.
- Strive to develop and sustain friendly relations with other denominational groups within MBA.
- Maintain an appropriate relationship with business, social, government, education, religious and welfare groups to infuse Christian values and share resources for the improvement of Mobile.
- Be a good public relations officer for the MBA.
- Compensation as to salary and allowances shall be commensurate with responsibilities and in accordance with the ability of the association to pay. See GENERAL POLICIES for more details.
- Other benefits such as holidays, vacations, sick leave, retirement, insurance, convention expenses and Christmas bonus will be agreed upon or are set forth in the GENERAL POLICIES.
- A reasonable number of extra-curricular engagements are allowable and must be approved with the Executive Director of Missions.