Position: WorldSong Missions Place Camp Administrator
Excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for camping ministry to give leadership to a small, beautiful, and growing camp. Alabama WMU is seeking a Camp Administrator that has strong relational skills with the ability to communicate the vision and goals of WorldSong Missions Place effectively and passionately. To learn more visit WorldSongRetreat.org. See attached position description for details. If interested, please email your resumé to Cindy Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALABAMA WOMAN’S MISSIONARY UNION
Position: Camp Administrator
Status: Full-time Exempt
Responsible To: Executive Director
Date: February 2021
Property and Vision:
WorldSong Missions Place is an 818-acre camp that sits at the base of Bald Mountain in Cook Springs, Alabama. WorldSong is owned and operated by Alabama Woman’s Missionary Union. While WorldSong is large in acreage, our bed space is approximately 200 persons when camp is full.
While WorldSong is a small campus our vision and goals are not. Alabama WMU desires to provide a place where campers:
- Encounter our Holy and loving God
- Draws closer in their relationship with our Heavenly Father
- Grows in their understanding of God’s heart for a lost world
- Can hear God’s call to missions and respond
To learn more, visit WorldSongRetreat.org.
The Camp Administrator is responsible to the Executive Director of Alabama Woman’s Missionary Union and has the responsibility for visioning, marketing, administration, maintenance, development and execution of plans, policies, and operations of WorldSong Missions Place.
- A growing faith in Jesus Christ with a commitment to a ministry lifestyle exemplifying integrity, servitude, accountability, creativity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic.
- Strong relational skills with the ability to communicate the vision and goals of WorldSong Missions Place effectively and passionately for the purpose of increasing those who utilize the campus and offer support
- Ability to hire, train, manage, and mentor staff
- Manage budget and camp office
- Working knowledge of all aspects of a small camp
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- An awareness of and commitment to Alabama WMU’s purpose of promoting global missions
- Familiarity with the work of the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions
- Seek to continually create an environment that honors God, promotes missions and provides an excellent experience for those who visit.
- Constantly seek new ways to improve the campus and her programs that lead to an enhanced experience for guests and campers.
- View the campus through the eyes of hospitality.
- Ensure development and implementation of promotion and marketing plan.
- Develop relationships as a priority for the purpose of increasing campus use.
- Conduct general maintenance on equipment, facilities, and grounds to ensure a safe and attractive environment.
- Prepare and manage annual budget
- Oversee reservations, fees, and payments.
- Consult with Executive Director in the hiring of employees.
- Supervise employees (maintenance, grounds, housekeeping, kitchen, and office staff).
- Set work schedules and administer payroll.
- Enlist and manage appropriate volunteers and contract workers as needed.
- Be responsible for maintaining compliance with Alabama Fire Marshal Codes, local and state health codes, and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain proper ropes course certification.
- Maintain inventory of all camp equipment and report information to the office of Alabama WMU.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Travel will be expected in promoting and marketing WorldSong and her programs.
- Attend meetings as designated by Executive Director of Alabama WMU.
- The nature of the position requires irregular and prolonged hours.
- The Camp Administrator or his designee will be available for guests who are on campus during the week and weekends.
- Be an active member of and participate in the fellowship of a local Southern Baptist church in good standing with the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions who participates in giving through the Cooperative Program.
- Maintain membership in camping associations, attends conference meetings, conventions, and training seminars as budget and scheduling permit.